Sunday, December 28, 2008

Scrapbooking A Bit - with Challenges

Here is a page I scrapped last week, working with some of the challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. The Scrapbooking Variety Challenge last week, SBVC55, was 'Reindeer Games' - choose a row of elements off a Bingo card. I also worked with the Color Challenge last Tuesday, CC198, So Saffron, Orchid Opulence and Cameo Coral - tough one, eh?! AND I followed the Scrapbooking Sketch Challenge, SBSC169, as well - phew! Actually, it all seemed to come together pretty easily, even if it's not my favorite page - its' a finished page, right?

These picture from Hawaii 2007 seemed like a good match for the color challenge, especially when I found this Cameo Coral dsp in my stash of retired paper. I also have the coordinating stamp set, Embrace Life, and used it to add the same pattern to my On Board chipboard letter and create the large stamped, cut out flowers. I used Tombow Mono Multi (the liquid stuff in the green bottle) to cover the letter G an stuck it to a piece of Orchid Opulence card stock. When it dried, I cut it out with my Hobby Blade and Mat Pack. I stamped the rest of the title in Orchid Opulence Classic Ink (who knew I would EVER be reaching for Orchid Opulence Craft Ink??!!)

I tore along the flower images of the dsp border and added some of the charms given to the kids by the hotel, Hilton Hawaii Village (great place to stay, btw!) to the bottom of the chipboard letter - pierced with my paper piercer. The tickets are a few of Brian's from his conferment and sessions - we ended up in Hawaii thanks to his hard work! (He took all the courses necessary to get his CPCU designation, a property and casualty insurance 'thing', and the Conferment Ceremony for 2007 was in Honolulu. Hurray! I think the 2008 ceremony was in Denver!) I also stamped the Hawaiian word for 'Congratulations' in So Saffron ink along the bottom.

Stamp Set: Contempo Alphabet, School Book Serif Aphabet, Embrace Life
Cardstock: So Saffron, Orchid Opulence, Cameo Coral, Ginger Blossom dsp (retired)
Ink: Orchid Opulence, So Saffron, White Craft
Accessories: Hobby Blade, Mat Pack and Paper Piercer

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails