Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Catalog Sets and Paper!

Mmmmm, I do love playing with new stamps! This card uses a soon-to-be-released set, Game Night, which will be in the soon-to-be-arriving 2009 Spring/Summer Idea Book & Catalog. It is one of the stamp sets featured in the Preview booklet, along with the coordinating Designer Series Paper, Jackpot. The Preview booklet is a sneak peek of some of the new stamp sets, papers and accessories. The new catalog will be released on January 19th, which also means that the retiring stamps and accessories will no longer be available after January 18th!

You can't tell in this photo, but the dice from Game Night are embossed with White Embossing Powder over Whisper White Craft ink and then cut out and popped up on Stampin' Dimensionals. I stamped the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment from It's Your Birthday in Basic Black ink onto a strip of Whisper White cardstock. then I punched the end of it using the My Way Punch to create the banner tip. (The Photo Corner Punch or many of the Square Punches will also create this banner tip for you.)

I used the 1 3/8" Square Punch to punch pieces from Jackpot Designer Series Paper and used a strip of Jackpot DSP to mat the sentiment across the top. These are all layered onto a piece of Basic Black Textured cardstock, then onto Whisper White cardstock and finally onto the Kraft card base. I added a Jumbo Eyelet with my Crop-A-Dile to the left edge of the banner and tied on a knot of Black 1/4"Grosgrain Ribbon. I also put a Stampin' Dimensional under the end of the banner to give it a lift and bit of curl.

The inside of this card is pretty plain with a roll of the dice across the bottom, stamped in Sahara Sand ink. I added a sentiment from It's Your Birthday to the inside that coordinates perfectly with the dice themed birthday card. It reads, "Life is not a matter of counting years. It's a matter of making years count."

Stamps: Game Night, It's Your Birthday
Ink: Basic Black, Whisper White Craft
Cardstock: Kraft, Whisper White, Basic Black Textured, Real Red, Jackpot DSP
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Jumbo Eyelet, Black Grosgrain Ribbon, 1 3/8" Square Punch, My Way Punch, Crop-A-Dile


Here is another card I made tonight using the same stamp set, Game Night, and the same Jackpot DSP. It is a 5" square card, which I alway love to make - they just seem so different with the square dimensions. I think this card needs a little tweaking, so I will probably play around with it a little tonight and see if I can change it just a bit. I do like the swipes of Whisper White Craft ink around the edges of the Kraft base. The chess piece is stamped in Basic Black Craft ink and then embossed with Clear Embossing Powder to give it some shine. The sentiment 'game night' is done the same. I used the distressing tool on the Cutter Kit to rough up the edges of the Jackpot DSP and the Whisper White stamped piece. The Word Window Punch with Basic Black cardstock was used to create the three tabs. I tied a piece of Black Gingham ribbon to the corner of the chess piece and popped the sentiment up on Stampin' Dimensionals.

Here's a peek at the inside of the square card - just a strip of the Jackpot DSP and the playing card stamp in Sahara Sand ink. I think I'll used the soon-tobe-created new and improved version of this card as an invite to a Girls Bunco Night at my house next month. I can't wait to play around with this Game Night stamp set and, especially, the Jackpot DSP to create some fun table decorations and dice favors!

Stamps: Jackpot
Ink: Basic Black Craft, Sahara Sand, Whisper White Craft
Cardstock: Kraft, Whisper White, Basic Black, Jackpot DSP
Accessories: Word Window Punch, Large Oval Punch, Small Oval Punch, Black Gingham ribbon, Cutter Kit, Metal brads, Stampin' Dimensionals

I also made a Flip Book featuring the Jackpot Designer Series Paper, using Real Red, Basic Black and So Saffron cardstock. It's so FUN! I need print and add some pictures of my kids playing cards with the grandparents (they're sharks!) and then I'll share.

1 comment:

Kay Kalthoff said...

This is so super cute!! I love what you did with you game night set - - - just fabulous!!!
I can't wait to see that flip book! I'm sure it will flip me out! lol!
Kay

Related Posts with Thumbnails