Friday, January 16, 2009

You Rock! Valentine

Here is a little Valentine card I made using the colors from Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration #38 - Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Pretty in Pink and Whisper White.

The card base is a 6x6 piece of Pretty in Pink card stock, folded to create a 3x6 card, just perfect for our Small Open End Envelopes. I punched squares of Pretty in Pink designer series papers from the Print Pack (retired) with my 1 1/4" Square Punch and then layered my sentiment banner and embossed/cut out cherries over them. The 'Happy Valentine's Day' stamp is from the Holidays & Wishes stamp set. I used Whisper White textured card stock for the background - love the textured cardstock!

I stamped the cherries image from stamp set Just Jawin' in Ruby Red Craft ink and then covered them in Clear Embossing Powder, melted with my Heat Gun and cut them out. The sentiment is also from Just Jawin', stamped in Ruby Red ink onto Whisper White cardstock, layered onto Ruby Red cardstock. Those layers are each punched with an arrow tip from My Way Punch to create the banner end. The banner piece has a Stampin' Dimensional under one end of it to give it a little lift. My little bit of Pumpkin Pie is 1/2" Circle Punch of cardstock under my Ruby Red button, which is tied with a bit of Pink Taffeta ribbon.

I added a strip of the Pretty In Pink designer series paper to the inside of the card, as well a wrap on the outside of the envelope to tie it all together.


Stamp: Just Jawin', Holidays & Wishes Inks: Ruby Red Classic and Craft Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Ruby Red, Whisper White textured and plain, Prints Pack (retired) Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Pink Taffeta ribbon, My Way Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

8 comments:

{PurpleD} said...

For your first post on the color challenge, you did an awesome job!!!! The pictures are really good, too! I love the combination between the simple design, careful details and also attention to the inside of the card.

MacKenzie said...

The cherries were perfect for this color challenge. Nice job!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is just too cute! Love the cherries! :D

kareN stampZ said...

very cool I love cherries too - lucky us (down under) they're available to buy at the moment

Anonymous said...

I htink this is going to be in the round up...the inside and all! Nice job I love what you did! ~Donna

Sara's stampin cards said...

This is so cute! I love the cherries too!

Kay Kalthoff said...

This is super cute!!! LOVE it!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Hi Mary,

Normally this is one of my least favorite sets - but presented like this I think it's growing on me.

Thanks for a different take on this. I think my niece would think this was a WoW card to receive.

Blessings - Jean

Related Posts with Thumbnails