Saturday, February 7, 2009

Branch Out

Here is another swap card, using one of the new catalog sets, Branch Out. It has the most adorable little accessories to go along with this tree. There are a tire swing, a pair of galoshes, a smattering of snowflakes, as well as the bird, leaves, and bird house that I used on this card.

The base of this card is a 5x10 piece of Bordering Blue card stock to create a 5x5 card, just the right size for the Medium Square Envelopes from Stampin' Up! (The postage on any square envelope is the regular rate plus 20 cents - so 62 cents this week.) After I scored and folded this card base, I opened it again and cut one inch off the front of the card. This gives a sneak peak to the strip of Bella Birds Designer Series Paper that I used inside the card. By cutting after I folded, it was easier for me to fold the cards at the right place.

I stamped the tree image from Branch Out in Close to Cocoa ink on the Whisper White piece. Then I added some leaves in Old Olive ink and finally some blossoms in Pretty in Pink ink. The bird is stamped in Bordering Blue, and the bird house in Chocolate Chip. The corners are punched with the Ticket Corner Punch and layered onto Chocolate Chip card stock.

The Chocolate Chip Textured card stock band at the middle wraps from the front all the way across the back of the card. I snipped a little right on the crease of it to thread my Pretty In Pink Grosgrain Ribbon underneath. There is also a layer of Bordering Blue Textured card stock on this band. The pattern paper on the front and on the inside of the card are from Bella Birds Designer Series Paper - in fact this is the same piece, one pattern from each side. I added some Antique Brass Brads (Vintage) to frame my main image and then popped the main image up on Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped 'a note for you' from Sweetest Little Sentiments (a Level I Hostess Set) in Chocolate Chip ink onto Whisper White Textured card stock and punched it out with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch. Then I layered it onto a 1 3/8" Circle Punch of Bordering Blue card stock. I used the paper piercer and Mat Pack to add a single row or holes just above the words. This is adhered directly to the main image panel.

Stamps: Branch Out, Sweet Little Sentiments
Cardstock: Bordering Blue, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip Textured, Bordering Blue Textured, Bella Birds DSP
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Bordering Blue, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Vintage Brads, Pretty In Pink Grosgrain Ribbon, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, Mat Pack, Stampin' Dimensionals

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Just gorgeous girl. Love it

Sara said...

Beautiful card, Mary! I can't wait until my Branch Out set arrives. Oh wait, I have to order it first! LOL!!

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

So gorgeous Mary! I can't wait to get this set!

SharingwhatIlove said...

Oh Mary... this is sooo delicate and pretty... beautiful card.. Hope it's for my swap... LOL... Sandra.

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

This card cinches it. I'm definitely getting branch out now. Gojus.

Anonymous said...

You know I'm drooling for this set right?? and its On B/O ..AHHHHH So beautiful loooveeeeeee it!

(((HUGS)))

JulieA said...

Oh, that is sooooo beautiful! And you used my current favorite stamp set. Gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails