Friday, September 18, 2009

Peaceful Easy Feeling


Here is another page from a recent Scrap A Stack event. This is created on a base of Basic Gray cardstock and used the Stampin' Up! alphabet set Taffy Alphabet.

We create six 12x12 pages at my Scrap A Stacks and the pages are a pretty wide variety of layouts and styles. This particular page was my favorite from this month's class. I love the distressed edges, the varying strips of Nouveau Chic Designer Series Paper and Taffy Alphabet is one of my favorite alphabets. However, the number one reason I love this page is because this page has a 'feel' to it - a calm, 'easy' feeling - and I think the title is perfect for that.

I love the layout for one large photo. Sometimes I like to tell a story with a series of photos and other times, the story being told needs a variety of different photos. But for this page, the story is told with a single blurred photo.

The photo is taken from my perspective, laying on the trampoline next to my husband. Our family spends a lot of time on our trampoline and on this evening, Brian and I were laying on it, while the kids caught a football thrown by Brian. The picture shows the action of the kids with their blurred motion and the ball in the air, but the emotionI get from it a content one. A happy one.

Not much journaling on this page - what can I say? The layout and the photo say it all for me and I just added a date so I would remember the time when my kids were this size and loved to play on the trampoline with us.

Recipe:
Stamps: Taffy Alhabet
Cardstock: Basic Gray, Apricot Appeal, Basic Black, Nouveau Chic
Ink: Basic Gray
Accessories: Cutter Kit, Vintage Brads, Photo Corner Punch


Here are some alternate layouts that my daughter laid out as she was helping me assemble the supply kits for class. The colors are off in these photos, but each one uses the same set of supplies - Basic Gray, Apricot Appeal, Basic Black and Nouveau Chic - cut to the same size as my layout. I guess she skipped the Apricot Appeal mat on the first photo - it's the one I like best. Maybe better than my layout - the girl needs to get hired! Now go tell a story with your pictures!






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails